ANX Community

Managed Remote Access

Re: Contest: Share your funny or harrowing remote access story for a chance to win $100
Profile Image

In high school I was into chatting online but sadly a remote connection was restricted to my bedroom. (The modem was clear on the other side of the house.) On rare occasion I would sit in one corner of the room and recieve at least a bar of connection. Needing my privacy one night I went online to message a boyfriend. Although his family was strictly religious I decided to send him a few unmodest pictures of myself to him for fun. There I went. . .clicking "SEND".

The Connection got Lost! I Frantically tried to reconnect (since timing is everything with these sorts of things.)  Once the connection was back and I hit "SEND" yet a second time. He told me he was still not reciving it so I clicked "SEND" over and over again when he suddenly signed off!

Confused and disappointed that my connection kept breaking, I got a phone call the next day. It was my boyfriend's Mother stating not only did he see the riskay pictures pop-up on his screen all at once? His whole family got a free viewing when his computer lagged through the file-transfer! Needless to say, thanks to my remote connection I lost the boyfriend AND my dignity!

0 replies

Posted Jul 17th 2010, 20:31 by Erin Mize

Responses